Your child has been diagnosed with ADHD. Now what?
- "We get calls, notes and emails from the school about his lack of self-control."
- "It takes hours for her to complete homework that should only take 30 minutes."
- "The homework finally gets completed, but it's lost before it's handed in."
- "He loses everything."
- "Mornings are a nightmare. Sometimes she's so slow I dress her so she won't be late."
- "He doesn't listen to me when I tell him to do something."
- "Our family life is a series of temper outbursts."
- "Time out doesn't work."
- "He defies me at every term."
- "This is not the family life I thought we'd have."
What do we do?"
Most children with ADHD grow up to become fine, productive adults. They just need a little help with their special circumstances.
Practical Solutions Parent Coaching will:
- Help you learn to be calm so you can deal calmly with your child's problems.
- Teach you specific skills to decrease your child's challenging behaviors and increase positive ones.
- Work with you to develop an organizational plan for homework and completing things on time.
- Help you build a good working relationship with the school.
- Help you learn how to support your child as he/she undertakes the challenges of ADHD.
- Provide tips, tools and techniques for getting through the rough spots.
- Provide coaching on how to build the kind of family life you've always wanted.